- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup full cream milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 slices brioche loaf*
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- Maple syrup, to serve
1. Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
2. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
3. Briefly dip a slice of brioche in the egg mixture, coating it all over then place it in the hot pan immediately. Repeat with a second slice.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining brioche, adding a tablespoon of butter before each batch of two.
5. Serve immediately with fresh raspberries and maple syrup.
- * Day old bread works best! If you don’t have brioche, sliced white bread may also be used.
Recipe created and photographed by Marie Duong for Australian Raspberries and Blackberries