- 200g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 1 punnet fresh blackberries
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar*
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a large tray with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese with the icing sugar, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Beat with a stand or hand mixer until smooth.
3. Using a large round cookie cutter (~10cm), cut out four circles from each sheet of puff pastry. Transfer the circles to the preparing baking trays, at least 2cm apart.
4. Using a slightly smaller round cookie cutter (~8cm) or knife, gently print a circular border in the centre of each circle, leaving a border about 1cm from the edges. Use a fork to evenly prick the centre of each circle.**
5. Spread about 1 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture inside the border of each pastry then top with fresh blackberries and raspberries.
6. Brush the edges of the pastries with the beaten egg wash then sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar. Bake the pastries for 15 minutes or until they’re golden and puffed.
7. Remove the pastries from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
8. Top with fresh raspberries and blackberries to serve.
- * Recommend demerara or raw sugar, but white sugar will work as well.
- ** This helps the edges to puff up around the filling.
Recipe created and photographed by Marie Duong for Australian Raspberries and Blackberries