- ½ cup (75g) self-raising flour
- ¼ cup (35g) plain flour
- ¼ cup (25g) cocoa
- 1/3 cup (30g) rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (75g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (80g) fresh dates, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup (35) chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup (60ml) light sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 125g raspberries
- 25g butter, softened
- 125g cream cheese
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar mixture, sifted
- ¼ cup (25g) cocoa, sifted
- 125g raspberries, to decorate
To make the slice, preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Lightly spray a 20cm square slice tin with oil. Line base and sides with baking paper.
Sift the flours and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in oats, sugar, dates and half the walnuts.
Whisk the sour cream, egg, oil and milk in a small bowl until combined. Stir into the flour mixture. Fold through raspberries.
Spoon the mixture into prepared tin and sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Stand slice in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the frosting, place the butter and cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 6–8 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the icing sugar and cocoa and beat for a further 6–8 minutes or until light and fluffy. Spread frosting over top of slice, cut into squares to serve, decorate with raspberries.